Das Forum der Ersten Deutschen Biersekte
 SuchenSuchen   FAQFAQ   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   StatisticsStatistics   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   AtlasAtlas   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

temperatur in der Biermaxx Anlage

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    http://forum.biersekte.de Foren-Übersicht -> 5-Liter-Partyfass-Zapfanlagen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
tuanhuy
Neuling
Neuling

BeitragVerfasst am: 25.04.2017 10:47    Titel: temperatur in der Biermaxx Anlage Antworten mit Zitat

I admit it. I am old enough to remember when "MTV video" wasn't an oxymoron.

I had a rude reminder of my advancing age at the recent Gravity Games. Kids from 4 years old to grizzled veterans in their early 20s were performing The Top 8 Best Skateboards For Beginners Reviews 2017 tricks that were completely foreign to me and using their own language to describe them.

I guess that is payback for my years of doing "mysterious" things with computers and speaking in tech terms to the lowly end-users.

Things change amazingly fast in the contemporary world. Gravity sports didn't even exist when I was a kid. Now they have TV coverage, generate an international following and attract big prize money.

Things change even faster in e-industry. With knowledge doubling every two or three years, you have to double your knowledge in that time just to stay even. You may still run legacy systems for the day-to-day operation of your business, but you have to at least be aware of the new and upcoming technology.

After all, your competition is.

At the Gravity Games I learned new terms like "barge" (skateboarding where it's illegal--such as a mall) and "aggro" (a performing style that "really goes for it"). Today, the only air I grab comes courtesy of my dwindling vertical leap at volleyball, which I now measure in centimeters instead of inches because it sounds better. Not very extreme.

Your business plans may be earthbound as well. If terms like SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol--programs running in one OS talking to programs in another OS using Web languages and protocols) and iSCSI (a new IP-based storage networking standard for linking data storage facilities) are strange to you, you need to get up to speed. To do so, learn the terminology yourself or hire people who already know the lingo skateboarding tips

There are plenty of options for learning. Traditional universities have added courses focused on the new IT world. Community colleges and specialty schools such as Polaris Career Center and ITT Technical Institute are providing certification programs to get and keep you current.

The value of certification is debatable. Some old-timers still remember the "Paper CNE," whereby students could pass the Novell certification tests without ever having seen a NetWare server or even a network card. The volume of guides and classes that teach you how to pass a particular test rather than the material suggests the debate over certification continues.

But this process does give some level of assurance that a student was at least able to pass the test(s) to gain A+, Microsoft, Cisco or other certification. The tests are now designed so that it is more difficult to pass without having real knowledge of the material.

Paul Stork, eldeas Lab director at the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University, says: "In my experience, people rarely get hired simply because they have a specific technical certification. But particular certifications are often used by hiring managers to identify the resumes of people that they wish to interview. So it's still up to you to impress the interviewing manager with your actual knowledge during the interview process."

Carlo Piazza, director of the Unified Technology Center at Cuyahoga Community College, agrees that certifications are a "good barometer of knowledge" and give a "definite edge to job candidates."

The University of Phoenix is the largest accredited private university in the country and has about 45,000 students online with another 80,000 in physical classrooms on 116 campuses. It targets the working adult population: Undergrads must be at least 23 and employed. Jennifer Knight, director of the Cleveland campus, says the typical student is about 36 years old.

Online education lets you learn in an efficient manner that can fit into any schedule. You don't have to commute or worry about getting time off from work to attend class. While some people need the structure of a classroom, e-learning is the answer for many others.

You can also get overviews of the latest technologies by attending local events. The Northeast Ohio Software Association has a monthly series that provides a primer on current topics such as XML, Wireless and Linux. The Greater Cleveland PC Users Group has been providing educational meetings for 20 years and has dozens of special interest group meetings each month. These events won't let you add the topic to your resume but will give you enough of an overview to see if it's something you want to pursue.

Your other option is to hire smart people who know the latest technology. The latest crop of students in college and entering the work world are an interesting bunch. Many of these millennials have at least one job besides attending class and are involved in community efforts locally and internationally. They are the antithesis of slackers and it may be best to hire them before you end up working for them.

The millennials, raised with technology, don't have the fear or awe that previous generations did. What we consider cutting edge is old hat to them. I subbed a project to a 20-year-old who asked if we could just IM (instant message) the specs instead of using email. Email is too slow for them. Besides, even grandma uses it. skateboards review

Cleveland is lucky that a project of the Northcoast Consortium for Career Advancement called Cleveland-Intern .net about to launch. This collaborative effort of local schools' career services departments will let you check out the brightest kids and hire them as interns.

We are also lucky to have chapters of Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE), which provide real-world experience for students with an entrepreneurial leaning. Dianne Welsh of the Edward M. Muldoon Center for Entrepreneurship has led her John Carroll University team to national recognition in SIFE competitions. These are the kids you want on your team instead of your competitor's.

Whether you choose to learn, hire or both, make sure your plans include continuing education. Or as my extreme friends might say, "Dudes and dudettes, grab some hard-core grommets and twigs to teach you some sick tricks so you can really feed the stoke."
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden AIM-Name
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen       http://forum.biersekte.de Foren-Übersicht -> 5-Liter-Partyfass-Zapfanlagen Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht herunterladen

© Erste Deutsche Biersekte & Biersekte e.V. 2001 - 2016 (Software von phpBB-Group)